Our curriculum specialists are committed to working collaboratively with campuses, teachers, parents, and the community to ensure that all JISD students receive a quality education.
- coordinate and supervise the implementation of instructional programs for Grades PK - High School;
- serve as resource persons for campuses in matters of curriculum implementation , instructional strategies and assessments;
- work collaboratively with departments, department chairs, campuses and teachers to effectively improve student achievement;
- disseminate assessments and assessment data to campuses to promote data-analysis and data-driven decision making;
- meet regularly with department chairs, departments or campuses to foster two-way communication in order to ensure standards-based alighnment; and
- coordinate and plan district staff development that promotes high-yield instructional strategies, effective pedagogy, and critical thinking.